Thank you for your interest in Youth SF. Youth SF in the process of updating our website. We will be announcing our upcoming changes for the 2016-2017 school year shortly. Please note we are no longer accepting applications for scholarships. We continue to support the Youth of San Francisco.
BELOW ARE THE 2015/2016 GUIDELINES AND CONSIDERATIONS FOR GENERAL REFERENCE, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR 2015/2016 YOUTH APPLICATION PROCESS.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
May 31st, 2015 – Application deadline. Youth SF form must be submitted via fitzform or emailed and received by Youth SF by midnight
June 2nd, 2015 – Award receipts announced and families are notified
Mid October 2015 – Schools are paid for the first semester of tuition, on behalf of Youth SF awardee
Mid February 2016 – Schools are paid for the second semester of tuition, on behalf of Youth SF awardee
Congratulations on making a great choice in your child's education! Here's how to apply for a Youth SF Scholarship:
- Review eligibility requirements and terms listed under, “Do I Qualify?” and, “How Does a Youth SF Scholarship Work?”
- Download an application by clicking the button above.
- Complete the application (add a separate page for additional children) along with two letters of interest (sharing how the scholarship will be of benefit), one by the family/ guardian and the other by the student (entering the 6th grade, or higher).
- Scan and email applications forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, If your family qualifies to receive tuition assistance and your child is awarded a scholarship you will be notified by email, and the funds will go directly to your school, All applicants must process a TADS application form prior to approval and have supplied TADS with all the necessary paperwork requested.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER...
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning May 15th, 2015. The earlier you apply the better your chances are of receiving a scholarship! If funds are not available when we receive your completed application we will keep your application on a wait-list.
- Participating families are required to contribute to their children’s education and are therefore responsible for costs not covered by the scholarship. Each family agrees to pay a minimum of $500 per school year towards their children's tuition.
- Scholarships are renewable annually provided that the family keeps up their portion of the tuition payments, the family remains financially eligible, and the child remains enrolled in an accredited private school in Kindergarten through eighth grade, within San Francisco.
- The maximum award we provide per student per school year is $2,500.